(Position filled) Executive Director, USA (M/F)
François Lurton embodies innovation in terms of development and marketing of premium wines internationally. With vineyard and winery operations in several important regions including France, Argentina, Chile, and Spain, a highly credible and extensive brand portfolio, and a relentless commitment to sustainable business practice, Francois Lurton has established industry and consumer notoriety and credibility the world over.
This highly renowned domain is seeking a proven entrepreneurial leader to join its young and dynamic global team to drive business growth in the USA:
Executive Director, USA (M/F).
Directly reporting to the founder, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the wine and spirits business strategy in your country including:
- Defining the business strategy in collaboration with the teams in the field and executive management
- Spear heading market development initiatives in concert with the parent company
- Defining and developing the commercial structure in the USA including direct sales and distribution networks
- Anticipating staffing needs to capitalize on opportunity and achieve market & growth objectives
- Developing the recommended ranges for still wines and spirits
- Defining the lines of communication in collaboration with management and being the primary company spokesperson for direct dealings with the media and other key influencers.
- Staying abreast of current and pending laws and regulations and proposing proactive action where necessary
- Developing and executing a timely and cost effective market communication plan
- Analyzing and monitoring the sales operations and defining critical KPI’s
- Defining and following through on effective reporting of activity for the region
- Maintaining a continuous watch and communicating key market and competitive developments
- Creating, expanding and nurturing your industry network
You graduated from a Business School and have at least 8 years of successful leadership experience in the wine and spirits industry in the USA. You are native to the country or have resided there for several years having acquired an extensive knowledge of local cultures and customer expectations. You have an extensive network in several states in key market segments, and are highly qualified in network management. You are highly ethical, and have good business agility, strong oral & written communication skills, significant technical expertise (elaboration and tasting), are fluent in English, with some proficiency in French a major plus.
Elements to consider:
Very attractive compensation package including base salary and bonus, full benefits, and car allowance
Flexible location within the USA but preferable near key market growth areas (to be defined in relation to business strategy)
Regular domestic travel and periodic international travel