(Position filled) Sales Director USA
Our client, a renown French winery well established globally is seeking an experienced professional to drive sales activity in the USA. The company produces and markets a full range of international wines emphasizing their commitment to innovation, wine making, and sustainability while honoring tradition.
This world famous family-owned international winery is seeking a proven entrepreneurial leader to join its young and dynamic global team to drive business growth in the USA for its portfolio.
- Distribution footprint Development: Building a motivated direct wholesaler network focusing on our brands that are currently not represented in the US. Once established, develop and manage our portfolio through that network including oversite for sales, marketing, finance and education.
- Importer Management: Working hand in hand with our importers team (from owner to reps) to develop our current portfolio footprint state by state in the US with the intent of gaining deeper representation. Activities include maintaining an efficient reporting system (pricing and business review analysis), conducting sales meetings, participating in market visits, trade events and importer national sales meetings while promoting our message relating to quality, terroir, family- owned and lifestyle driven brands to the trade.
- Key Accounts: Drive revenue creation and growth through high image accounts and retail chains (regional and national). Develop the most effective chain buyer network for our portfolio. Negotiate offers and programs. Manage opportunities for direct import business at appropriate accounts.
- Support & Education: Passionately pursue product education, seminars, staff trainings, in-store tastings, wine dinners, to strengthen relationships with existing customers, establish new contacts and build unparalleled trust in our brands among our distributors, customers and end-consumers.
- Administrative duties: Reporting directly to the USA CEO and performing activities relating to planning, reporting, inventory management, and market trend analysis.
- You are a team player with the aptitude to join a dynamic non corporate culture with great synergy offering outstanding opportunities to grow & travel.
- You are motivated by increased responsibilities and strive to make a significant difference and positive impact through your work and contribution.
- You are innovative, open to new ideas, and always willing to learn new skills, and collaborate with team members to achieve new heights.
- You have a passion for wine and have mastered the basics in wine tasting.
- You are outgoing, charismatic, and a strong relationship builder.
- You are well organized, self motivated and detail-oriented.
- Integrity, loyalty and transparency are important core values.
- Multi-tasking and working in a fast-paced environment while being entrepenerial and always on the move is your second nature.
- Extensive wine industry network in multiple states with knowledge of wholesaler management and possessing key retail chain buyer relationships.
- 7+ years wine sales experience at various 3Tier levels preferably wholesalers and suppliers
- Strong knowledge of the global wine industry and key wine regions, particularly France and South American wines.
- Self motivation and a drive to succeed in a highly competitive environment.
- Proven sales track record & excellent written & oral communication skills.
- Positive, enthusiastic & persistent.
- Work well independently and in a team.
- Willing to travel frequently both domestically and internationally.
- Have the ability to independently lift 50 lbs.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.
- Must possess authorizations to legally work in the US.
- Knowledge of the French language and the French culture is a plus
- Subject to passing criminal background check.
- Fine wine qualifications are a plus (CSW, WSET or similar)
- American contract
- Salary commensurate with experience & expertise (fixed salary and significant bonus)
- Health Insurance
- Travel Expenses
- Thorough orientation package with personalized follow-up, training and international visits to different entities